Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A Little Bit of Green in Winter

Back in October I found some seeds I had bought a while ago.  I had some soil from a school project and so I planted a few seeds.  I planted Daisies, Cosmos, Zinnias, and I was most excited about the Chives! A few days later I had cute little green plants for all of the flowers...and the chives never came in.

Left Pot: Chives, Center Pot: Cosmos, Right Pot: Daisies and Zinnias


I'm surprised at how long they have lasted, living on our tiny and cold windowsill.  I'm also surprised at how ridiculous they look 
3 1/2 months later:

The Cosmos just look like a bushy and friendly weed:


The Daisies look like a tangle of stems at the base of the Zinnia with one TINY flower:




And the Zinnia's flower is really pretty...




But it's a little ridiculous how tall it is!  
Are they supposed to be that tall!?  

I've enjoyed having my green friends to keep me company this very cold and snowy winter!

1 comment: