Sunday, November 18, 2012

Our New Church Calling


Mark and I finally received our first calling we have had since we have been married.  We were called a few weeks ago and were able to start today at church!  I was talking to a friend in the ward about a month ago and was expressing how we still had not received a calling.  Being in the primary presidency, she told me that our names were definitely mentioned in some meetings and would be getting a calling soon.  I told her how much Mark loves kids and how good he is with them- how we would LOVE a primary calling. However, I also expressed how something like nursery would be difficult and hectic and I would love a chance to bond with some kids who would actually listen and learn from us.  

Well, of course we all know what happened.  We got called to be nursery workers!!! Despite my previous lack of interest, I was actually super happy when we got the calling.  I figure that being in nursery will be a great way to satisfy my baby-cravings and simultaneously work as great birth control!  Our ward is MASSIVE and has over 600 records in it and lots and lots and lots of babies.  Therefore, there is a junior and a senior nursery and we will be working in the junior one with 18 months-2.5 years.  

Today was fun and interesting.  Luckily, we had another couple with us today and only about 10 kids. During play time it was fun to look around the room, wonder where all the kids were, look behind me and find that about 6 little boys sitting around and crawling on Mark.  Most of them were very well behaved and a joy to interact with but two hours in that room makes time fly and sucks every ounce of energy out of me!  It will be a new experience to go to church and only listen to a message for one of the three hours.  We are so excited for this opportunity and know it will help us grow in so many ways.  

 And hopefully, I won't ever get kicked in the ribs again...

No comments:

Post a Comment